Special Meatballs and Penne Pasta
250g Beef Mince
1 x Brown Onion
150g Pine Nuts
2 x Cups of mixed fresh herbs (Basil, oregano, chives, parsley, rosemary)
200g Ricotta cheese
1/3 Cup Parmesan Cheese
1 x Grated Carrot
1 x finely chopped Garlic Clove
2 x Eggs
1 x Tbsp Tomato sauce
1 x Tbsp BBQ sauce
1 x Tsp Curry Powder
4 x flowers Broccoli
2 x Carrot
1 x Zucchini
800g Tin of Diced Tomato
100ml Red Wine
1/2 Cup fresh herb
2 x Garlic Cloves finely chopped
1. Mix all ingredients for the meatballs together (I use my clean hands) then prepare vegetables for steaming later.
2. Heat some olive oil in pan/skillet make small round balls (slightly flatter like rissole, it’s easier to cook) and cook on medium heat. This is done in batches, I think put the cooked ones on a tray and into the oven.
3. Heat water and place penne pasta once boiled with a tablespoon of olive oil and a pinch of salt.
4. Place all sauce ingredients into a pot bring to boil, reduce heat to simmer.
5. Steam vegeables
6. Drain pasta, place back into the cooking pot, add sauce and mix.
7. Serve and enjoy. (I love this one for lunches the next day and so do the kids)
Hint: It’s easy to eat too much of this dish so serve in small bowls and eat slowly, you can always go back for seconds if you really need to.